Monday, September 26, 2005

Iran, the mess and the good old days

I was disappointed by India's decision to vote against Iran. I used to say that Im pretty anti-US and won't ever live there. I used to be proud that India was not a puppet to US and was quite independent. But if India actually starts following their diktats, where does one run to now! I hope India rectifies this blunder. I dont even see the need to collaborate on the civil nuclear energy front. I thought we were quite self-reliant in that sector !
badde log baddi baddi baatein.. apne palle nahin padhti ye sab :-(
Whats unbelievable is that nations still haven't learnt any lessons from the Iraq fiasco ! Maybe every nation is busy safeguarding their own interests. But come on! what can a country which can't cope with a natural disaster in its own homeland do to others. Oh maybe it will use its WMD on the "errants"!!

All said and done I hope we get back to the NAM policies of which we were an integral part. Infact even as a kid, I was proud of India being a part of NAM.

Very hungry now. Hope there is something good in the mess. Rather than the food in our "Mega Mess", what sucks more is the attitude of the servers. They seem to think we peck on food which can get very irritating when we return back after a day of hard work. So every mealtime, we have to ask for more. Reminds me of Oliver Twist asking for more. One would think they were giving us food in charity. He he that place is unexpectedly turning out to be a good training ground for us to fight for our "rights". Whats pathetic is that its supposed to be the last place for such a thing to happen.

I suddenly recalled the old classic song "ye zindagi usi ki hai" from the vintage movie "Anarkali". Was listening to that now. Beena Roy was oh-so-gorgeous and I actually don't remember the male actor in the movie. Was it Pradeep Kumar? He he my grandpa looked like PK in his younger days :-D These were the movies which we lapped up so eagerly in our childhood days. I don't recall my childhood days much, for which my friends usually make fun of me :-D. But I do remember these movies, and the days I spent in my hometown in those days very clearly. I think I was more self-centered even as a child, in the sense that I had my own private world and was always busy in that :-) So I dont recall anything that happened to others :-D After all, we pisceans are famous for being dreamy :-D

3 comments:

BD said...

Hi, this is my first visit to your blog.
Yeah, it's disappointing indeed, given our historical relations with Iran. However constraints cause equations to give different outcomes. I would like to share an interesting post by Ramananda about this issue.

Tamanna said...

thanks bd :-) that gave a different perspective..i dint think abt the aq khan aspect.. but m stil skeptical abt trusting US in this. we had an independent policy and wud have been if we had stuck to that. looking fwd to see wat happens in nov :-)
thanks for dropping in :-)

BD said...

Well...I'm not sure about the trust component. Strategic relationships are more related to mutual interest rather than trust. Moreover they are short term, as opposed to traditional relationships -- like we have with Russia. I don't think US trusts India, nor does India trusts the former. It's all give and take kinda stuff.

Regarding me dropping by: Yeah for procrastinators like me, you can expect that to be quite frequent :D