Saturday, February 03, 2007

Inkheart

While reading a book, have you ever wanted to enter that world of make-believe? Or have you ever felt an aura around you of the fantasy world created by the book ?
Something like this happens in the fantasy Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. In this book, characters from a book come alive in this world. It is a very interesting read if you love fantasies. I found it un-putdownable and was sad later that it got over. But to my delight, I discovered that this is part of a trilogy. Second part is called Inkspell and the last one is not yet released. Im waiting to read the 2nd one. My birthday is coming closer and if you know when it is, you know what to do ;-)

Cornelia Funke is a german writer and the books we read are translations of her work. The other book I read is called Dragon Rider. Very interesting again. Her Thief Lord is the best-seller Im told. Yet to read that.
Have a nice weekend :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when i read 100 yrs of solitude,(on a stretch) i felt solitude, everywhere, id didnt spoke to anyone. it took 2-3 days to get rid of that feeling. tht was the first book which made me feel like tht. and tht is why i love it :D

2nd one was hunger knut hamson, felt hungry, so i started eating in between. mother was surprised!!! :)

where did u get teh time to read all these? in this last moment of ur phd??

rkrishna

Tamanna said...

He he Ill make sure that if I read Hunger, it will be at home. Imagine feeling hungry in hostel and mess food is the only way out :-D

Im also an insomniac :-D Even if I hit the bed at 12 I cant sleep. So I read these then :-)