Monday, March 05, 2007

Over head transmissions

In general, when we listen to a seminar in some advanced topic, at least the first five minutes of the talk or the first 3 slides are understandable. Attended a talk today in which even the first slide flew over my head. It IS a tough task making people understand what we have been using our grey cells for. There were some specialists in the audience. So naturally their questions and speaker's answers also flew over our head :-D
I tend to talk too fast in my talks. That is a major drawback as that also ensures that the listeners are not with you. I'm trying to work on it.

I tried another book by Valerio Manfredi called Oracle. Gripping but very sinister.
I got Chronicles of Avonlea by LM Montgomery as a present. A very sweet book.
Saw Crash finally. Good movie. I never faced racism and hope I never do.
I'm really cutting down on reading books now. I mean hereafter :-D
I saved the Joanne Harris book for reading after I finish my deadlines. Something to look forward to.
Have a rocking week :-)

No comments: