Tuesday, November 16, 2004

I will come back

Im just back from a long weekend spent at home during which I enjoyed Diwali and celebrated Eid and slept through a considerable part of it. The weekend started with the very sad news that Arafat is no more. Though this was very expected after the sudden collapse of the leader, it still was a sad news. I have never followed world or national news that closely. But Palestine and Arafat are almost synonomous to me. My last impression of him is the grinning Arafat on the pages of Hindu saying I will come back. Im sure it will take more than a generation of people to forget him.

Unfortunately, we had to depend totally on DD News which happens to be very repetitive. They dont even change the order or their exact sentences throughout the day. So, we heard innumerable times that India was the first non-arab state to recognise Palestine as the legitimate authority of the Palestinian people and that a kid in Chennai will burst crackers and then take oil bath and go meet his relatives. Oh boy did I miss BBC and NDTV !!!! Believe me DD is lousy. They are going to now make it digital. Access is through the cable operators. God knows who will want to pay for that channel.

OK now back to work. Hundreds of things to do and thousands of worries on my mind. I wish I can skip these years and directly go to the sweet blissful days that Im fervently hoping will arrive soon. Woh din kabhi to aayenge.

No comments: