Thats the book Im planning to read next. In this blogspot, I have ranted and raved, posted sense and nonsense. So my next venture is a small section on this book as I journey through it. I dont know how faithful I'll be to this mission and how interesting it will be to the readers of this blog who mainly have been my friends and family, who were too nice to let me rant alone :-D For me, this blog has become a habit.. a place to post my random thoughts, gossips and other adabadawadaa - a good escape route from my interesting research work which in the shorter time-scale becomes monotonous. :-D
Anyway coming back to the point or to the book, I have always wanted to read about the world history, more so the Indian history. errr it was a part of my school syllabus but at that point, history was a subject to which I paid attention only on the previous day (rather night) of the social sciences exam. I guess remembering all the dates made it a tedious subject. Maybe I would have paid attention to it if it was just a story sans exams. Therefore, later in my life, I have regretted being an ignoramus in this area. So when I saw this book with a friend, I was excited about it. Now this book is a collection of letters Pt. Nehru wrote to his teenage daughter, Indira. I was fascinated. Here is a man who talks to his daughter as an equal. Apart from the platitudes, he sort of has an adult conversation with her. The language is top-class. I was bowled over by Nehru, the father.
My first step has been to cover it up with a paper. As this book has been lent to me by a friend, and since I'm very scared about spoiling someone's books ( I hate it when people mess up my books), covering up the books has always been my first step. The newspaper I used is today's and has this pic..

Now apart from the fact that this was the first accessible bit of paper, I liked the idea of having this as the cover page :-D U see the guy with the black beard in the center ? He is Zulfi Syed :-D Now u follow my trend of thoughts !! Generally, I cant stand the hairy people but trust me he looks a million dollar without the extra hair. He is also 6+ :-D The lady next to him is gorgeous though in a proud way. This pic is from the movie Tajmahal. Taj looked awesome in this movie. I have happy memories of seeing this movie :-D We had a riot laughing over bits of it. And do you recognise the guy in the extreme right? He is Arbaaz Khan :-D He he we too thought he looked familiar.
Have a nice weekend :-)
Anyway coming back to the point or to the book, I have always wanted to read about the world history, more so the Indian history. errr it was a part of my school syllabus but at that point, history was a subject to which I paid attention only on the previous day (rather night) of the social sciences exam. I guess remembering all the dates made it a tedious subject. Maybe I would have paid attention to it if it was just a story sans exams. Therefore, later in my life, I have regretted being an ignoramus in this area. So when I saw this book with a friend, I was excited about it. Now this book is a collection of letters Pt. Nehru wrote to his teenage daughter, Indira. I was fascinated. Here is a man who talks to his daughter as an equal. Apart from the platitudes, he sort of has an adult conversation with her. The language is top-class. I was bowled over by Nehru, the father.
My first step has been to cover it up with a paper. As this book has been lent to me by a friend, and since I'm very scared about spoiling someone's books ( I hate it when people mess up my books), covering up the books has always been my first step. The newspaper I used is today's and has this pic..

Now apart from the fact that this was the first accessible bit of paper, I liked the idea of having this as the cover page :-D U see the guy with the black beard in the center ? He is Zulfi Syed :-D Now u follow my trend of thoughts !! Generally, I cant stand the hairy people but trust me he looks a million dollar without the extra hair. He is also 6+ :-D The lady next to him is gorgeous though in a proud way. This pic is from the movie Tajmahal. Taj looked awesome in this movie. I have happy memories of seeing this movie :-D We had a riot laughing over bits of it. And do you recognise the guy in the extreme right? He is Arbaaz Khan :-D He he we too thought he looked familiar.
Have a nice weekend :-)
1 comment:
Hey is this Latha the A-section latha?? Then u better not say anything wrong abt her haan! Cos we used to be good friends when I was there till 5th. Visiting her home used to be an adventure cos she lived in shanthi nagar and in those days even thats far off for us kids rt! I had never gone out alone further than the KV school when I was a kid. And so I used to love going to her home :-D hey do u know sushma too?
Post a Comment