Saturday, February 04, 2006

rdb uncontrolled

sleepless me and no books to read. So I thought I might as well post something.

Warning: This could be a spoiler for Rang de Basanti. So those who havent seen it yet should stay away from my ramblings :)

RDB struck a chord at so many levels.

When the father says "SMS generation..char line kya bol diya samajhte hain lecture suna rahe hain" :-D I thought I say that to my father too!!!! He knows by now before I say it out that Ill say "lecture mat do papa" :-D Im a spoilt bad daughter.. no doubts about that :-D

When aamir says that beyond the college doors nobody knows him. I feel that too. Once I leave this field, Ill be mrs. anonymous. Its not as if I'm well known now:-D but there are a few who recognise me by my work and thats a good feeling. Should I give up that and get back to doing what every common girl used to do? They form a chunk of the many doubts I have these days. There's a big chasm between the world I belong to and the world I wish to belong to. But then I think one can't change everything in one go.. A bit by bit change is how life proceeds. I should reconcile myself with this too :-)
RDB says : Live life. Stop analysing. But then ye wholly possible bhi nahin hai na!

And I know so less of the Indian history leave alone world history!!! :-( The freedom fighters had a purpose and they faced larger and more justified problems. They did so much and for what! Our generation has had it easy in so many ways. I rarely have problems of that magnitude but still I crib so much about trivial issues like mess food. Should cut down on that. dont u think so? easier said than done for ppl like me :(

I got a good fwd on republic day: It says : "patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.."
Doesn't that make sense too? So hope we do our part in doing something for the country.

Well in the end, killing the minister sounded foolish to me. Agreed that he deserved every bit of it. Apart from being corrupt himself, to cheapen the sacrifice of the pilot was the foulest thing he could do. But then, killing him finishes all the evidence. He is branded as "amar senaani" And what punishment does he get? Everything is over for him after he dies na. Bringing out the truth in some way will humiliate him publicly and that was the best punishment he could have got. But then, this is imposs cos of the corruption prevalent at that level. system faulty hai. there was a dialogue in the movie Page 3 where atul kulkarni says something which goes as "system me reh kar use badalne ki koshish karo" All this sounds good theoretically but putting it into practice! But then every little contribution helps..

But I'm happy that I can't recall any instance where I have bribed anybody :-D Infact the officer who came for passport verification had given signals that I could be a bit meherbaan. But my lousy sounding Tamil came to my rescue and I acted ignorant and didnt pay anything. Got major blastings later at home and they forecasted no-passport-without-favors for me. But thankfully, I faced no such hassles and I got it. That was the only brush with bribery I faced ever in my life. Luckily :)

Everytime a MIG crashes, it IS a senseless loss of a person who actually does something useful. And who doesn't love his/her life!! To waste it cos of unreliable aircrafts is an issue.

He he Kunal kapoor looks so good!! Tall guys have been the flavor of the season. Zulfi syed, kunal kapoor... But zulfi syed, john abraham are good poster-type hunks. There is something more intense in Kunal kapoor. Or is it just my impression cos of this movie. Soha's role was also very intense and she played it out well. She is gorgeous too! A simple college-going-girl look.Everyone has acted very well in this movie. Maybe this has been The break of their lifetime.

No over-melodrama in the movie. That was such a relief! I was afraid Ill embarass myself by shedding copious tears as Im often bound to do in tragic endings :-D

Whats with aamir and patriotic movies these days?? But mind u, this movie was not just aamir's movie. Everyone in the movie played a key role. There is no special hero. Infact, aamir's too many chak-de-phattes got on my nerves. Whatever does it mean anyways???

Whatever music Rehman composes for a movie, it rocks. He is a genius. His simplicity is so much in odds with his talent! From the start, his music sets the tempo of the movie.

So overall, this movie addresses some real issues but has an unrealistic ending.

ps: Any idea how amitav ghosh's books are like? Should I try them out? Or maybe I should stick to Chaikin and Lubensky- principles of condensed matter physics :-D
or should I learn more about archimedes principle !! :-D wont forget the joke and maybe I should try that out... poor guy will get the lesson of his lifetime :-D ;-)
Why am I not sleepy yet!!!! :-((

no network rt now so the posting is delayed :-(

No comments: