My mind wanders the most when I have a deadline to meet :-D
I found a good set of articles at Institute of Islamic Studies.
There is a good article on the Danish Cartoons controversy
There is an article on Islamic Feminism (my favt topic by the way) and many more illuminating articles.
I had read a few articles by Dr. Asghar Ali Engineer in The Hindu but I never knew the extent of his work.Why doesnt the media focus on such educated liberals rather than publicising the imams who issue fatwas at the drop of a hat?? Dr. Rafiq Zakaria was another such scholar who passed away last year.
I found a good set of articles at Institute of Islamic Studies.
There is a good article on the Danish Cartoons controversy
These cartoons are extremely offensive as they make fun of the Prophet of Islam rather than any Muslim politician as if the Prophet was responsible for all that Osama bin Laden or his followers in Al-Qaeda have been doing. Whose fun do we make? One who is dead 1400 years ago and has nothing to do with contemporary developments in the world of IslamMore of it here.
There is an article on Islamic Feminism (my favt topic by the way) and many more illuminating articles.
I had read a few articles by Dr. Asghar Ali Engineer in The Hindu but I never knew the extent of his work.Why doesnt the media focus on such educated liberals rather than publicising the imams who issue fatwas at the drop of a hat?? Dr. Rafiq Zakaria was another such scholar who passed away last year.
No comments:
Post a Comment