Friday, July 14, 2006

Feeling nostalgic. sighhh

I heard glad tidings about my friends from my Master's days and was feeling nostalgic. Actually, I wasn't great friends with them. Just passing acquaintances. But then you remember some people and some you dont.. Was very happy for them :-D It all seems so long ago...
Today was a very remarkable day. I met 4 (!) old friends who had passed out and were visiting campus. Couldnt they have come on different days !!! :-D It would have helped reduce the monotony to a large extent. And mind you, none of them were my classmates and yet I remembered them. So dare anybody talk about my bad memory (or cuppax memory as they say here) :-D
Life has moved on for so many and sometimes I feel mine has stopped for a while, or rather has slowed down a bit. Like I say often
Subah hoti hai shaam hoti hai
zindagi yun hi tamaam hoti hai :-)

( Hey I heard this couplet in the movie Pakeezah too! )
Maybe its just taking a breather for a while and will join the mainstream after this... :-D

Its six days since I have slept properly. Even at 3am, I just lie there and wait for the sleep to come. X-( And thats more terrible than anything else.
Yesterday night, there was a thumping sound as if somebody is jumping in the room above me. After I felt I have had enough, I went up to check on my nocturnal neighbour with few other friends who had just then returned from lab. It turned out the rooms on that floor nearest to me are vacant :-D It was 2.45am. We all got scared and slept in the same room. We found today that the sound was actually made by some idiot who was playing her music with heavy bass !!!!! (#$%&^%&*) There is a time for everything. x-( Anyway it was silly of us too.. All said and done ghosts dont exist right! Please dont say anything that negates this :-D

5 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine said...

oh who came to iit? barath is in town these days. Did you meet him?
Me wanting to come toooooooooooooooooo
sob sob

Sanjana said...

Hey if it makes u feel better... was reading a ghost story yesterday night and got up screaming when i felt some "ghostly fingers" moving on my hand. It turned out to be a roach and I screamed even louder :-)

Tamanna said...

he he he sanjana firangi roach hai..u are supposed to treat it with respect :P :-D

sunanda
yeah i met bharat and veda too. then u rem naren? ur junior i think.. he was here.. then shyamala has come for her defence which is sometime next week. she ll get her degree also as convo is arnd july end...
tumhara number bhi aayega :-D take a BIIIIIIIG break when u come here. when wil that be?

Tamanna said...

He he I think i have spoiled my Rubik cube well enough.. I at times think i complicated my life. Everyone at every pt of time said dont study further settle down. I refused to listen. If i had listened i wouldnt have had to worry abt wat next. After all how many choices do u have after u settle down :-D
U know I got good scoldings from mom for checking out the bhoot :-D She said wat if there was actually something!! :-D Such a dearie :-D

Ha u talk abt brooding looks on girls!! guys have that dirty beard on them all the time!! they smell all the time!! pray how can u say its a thesis writing syndrome!!

Unknown said...

ghosts exist!!!

Trust me... I am one of them... :-D