I had once mentioned my dream of a cosy library.
I saw one such place today. The setting was different but equally charming. This house was on the 4th floor. Faces a lake. And a room in this house is alloted for books. A cosy chair and a plush deewaan was added to make it every hardcore bookworm's cosy nest. And the collection there was mind-blowing. They are also avid readers and since they have piled up this collection over a span of 25 years, it was my fantasyland. I had read some of the books and I wanted to read the others :-D So you understand why i was so excited.. some day ill have a house like this. hmmm dreamzz unlimited :-D And they lent me Orwell's 1984 :)
Amulet of samarkhand was very interesting. A cute djinn in it. Its a trilogy so looking out for the rest.
Memoirs of a Geisha was too good. Collector's piece. I dont mind reading it again after a few years.
Want to read Rushdie's Midnight's children. Heard a very good review of it.
Also want to read the Satanic verses (I said this earlier)... heard a review of that too.
Saw Pirates this friday. Slimier, funnier. Understood half of it. Depp as good as ever. Wil see it again sometime and understand the rest of it :-D And there's a 3rd part... And it seems Davie Jones is a mythical character. I mean stories abt him exist. Wil research this in greater detail.
Want to see Omkara.., saw interesting reviews about it..
Heard that Gangster is a good movie.. will watch it after my assessment.
By the way my assessment on 1st. Wish me luck :) Its at 9.30 am. I hope I reach the dept by that time... imagine if the panel is made to wait for the student !! Wish me greater luck :-D
Goodnite!
5 comments:
Gangster is a good movie indeed.. atleast I liked it. Can hardly wait to go and watch Pirates and Omkara.:)
Anyway.. blogs looking great... good fun to read.
Tc. Bye
you have me dreaming of my own house with library too.. :-(. I did not like midnight's children.. but read it anyways... who knows u might like it.
Ma'am why don't i see any comments in my blog???
goodest luck..u will sail thru it dont worry.
i want to read midnight's children.
I hope to have a library someday too of books and music. :)
hope ur assessment went good :)
omkara is nice.. but full of indian foul words.. nice script, amazing acting :) see it :)
and for the liby, if ever in paris, go to shakespeare and co. near notredame... u'll realise ur dreams there :)
Thanks folks :) assessment went well and this hopefully is my last assessment :)
I have heard such opposing views abt midnight's children!! Anyway went to the local lib here today and so the books in my kitty now are A pair of blue eyes, Eldest, two romances( one julia quinn), a georgette heyer, Feynmann's who cares.. So now m in a dilemma ki movie dekhun ya book padhun :-D Too much of something is bad enuf !! :-D
You ppl should have seen that library.. m still gushing abt it.. It has motivated me enuf to start collecting books for myself by buying instead of borrowing.
@bharti
pirates is good watch.. i heard omkara is very tragic. I have not read othello just know the outline.. but the visuals on tv look very appealing. Saif is very good i heard.
@sanju
was so distracted with everything else.. dint post any comments. shall do soon enuf, but i have faithfully read ur blogs and laughed with u :-D
@sunanda
Ma'm told me abt midnight's.. she said she bunked 2 days during her phd for this book and then faked an excuse to her guide :-D that gave me ideas ;-) dint dare tell her that :-D
@aashish
paris chodo meri kahani shaayad jeena yahan marna yahan par based hai :-D Chained to this place :-D but kisi din to mere par niklenge. he he ;-)
back to india now ?
Post a Comment