Thursday, July 13, 2006

July the 13th

I read a really nice romance novel called How to marry a marquess (yupp u read it right ;-) ) by Julia Quinn. My friend Sanjana had recommended this. (I had been searching for this novel ever since and had failed. And suddenly two of my friends who didnt know I was searching for this got the book issued. Luck! Ok thats asides besides. ) The book is hilarious and very cute. So much that I finished it in 4.5 hours flat in one sitting. I burnt the midnight oil for this and slept at 4 (!!!!) Many people ask me when do I get the time to read. Well this is how I read. Crazy right!
So I have taken a resolution.
I will not read any novels till December.
Will I stick to it? My plight seems to be like the smoker who decides to quit. I had taken this resolution once before and had broken it but let me see if it works this time. If it does, Ill mention this date in my
thesis.

Hey by the way, on July 14th when I was in 8th std, I had presented a rose to the school captain :-D Silly na the way the brain remembers irrelevant trivia!! :-D

6 comments:

vishnoi said...

on july the 14th, i joined my new school in delhi :)

Tamanna said...

oh which school in delhi? i was there from 89 to 95.. pushp vihar in south delhi

Sanjana said...

Hey Tamanna... Read it atlast did you... i shall send u "memoirs of Geisha" once i get a laptop here.
read Linda howards Mr.Perfect too.

Tamanna said...

:-D Sanju no novels till Dec. Im going to stick to that resolution. :-D 8-)

Sanjana said...

Aw! and here i was thinking i would send you some great books soon :-)... hey you know what i took the same resolution last year for 3 months and failed miserably :-D

Tamanna said...

I knowwwww its so difficult for a bookworm to stop reading books. That was my main timepass :( but aur bhi work hain zamaane mein reading k siwa :-D ( real line goes as..
aur bhi dukh hain zamaane mein mohabbat k siwa.. and thats what is keeping me cheerful ;-) )