The weather has been lovely past two days. It has been raining on and off and the sun has taken a break.. just the kind of weather for a visit to the beach. Even the birds are at their chirpy best and the weekend is also here. This past week has been useful for me - work started, got an offer (professional), read a lot, blogged a lot, slept a lot. I have been more calm and hopeful about the future, and I am going to now freak out in the weekend (I never seem to run out of plans for freaking out I think :-D )
I was listening to Abida Parveen. Its a pleasure to hear her because I get to hear a superb rendition of a good amount of literature. She is mainly a Sufi singer, but she also sings ghazals. In her Ghazalon Ka Safar (I and II), she has sung the works of Iqbal, Bahadur Shah Zafar, Daagh Dehlvi, Faiz Ahmed Faiz to name a few.
Jab ishq sikhaata hai aadaab-e-khudagaahi
Khulte hain ghulamon par asraar-e-shehanshaahi
(Iqbal)
More about her sometime soon.
Happy weekend :-D
I was listening to Abida Parveen. Its a pleasure to hear her because I get to hear a superb rendition of a good amount of literature. She is mainly a Sufi singer, but she also sings ghazals. In her Ghazalon Ka Safar (I and II), she has sung the works of Iqbal, Bahadur Shah Zafar, Daagh Dehlvi, Faiz Ahmed Faiz to name a few.
Jab ishq sikhaata hai aadaab-e-khudagaahi
Khulte hain ghulamon par asraar-e-shehanshaahi
(Iqbal)
More about her sometime soon.
Happy weekend :-D
1 comment:
Congratss....treaaaaaaaaaat. :) Waiting for a detailed mail...:)
Post a Comment