Saturday, May 20, 2006

Water ... mughal-e-azam

I saw the movie Water yesterday. A well made movie. I was warned beforehand that it gets depressing, but it ended on a hopeful note. I liked that about this movie. Lisa Ray was gorgeous. I have been her pankha since Afreen. Seema Biswas and Raghuvir Yadav are veterans in this field. John Abraham also has acted well. The kid's character was very touching. Movie is worth watching.

Yesterday was a movie night :-D After dinner, my wingmates were watching French Kiss in the common room. I have seen that movie n # of times but its charming everytime! That was followed by Shall we Dance and then a bit of Mughal-e-Azam. I stayed till the song Jab Pyar kiya to Darna Kya. That movie is a masterpiece, though its a bit slow. I would like to have a copy of this movie. The grandeur of those days, the luxury, Madhubala's beauty, Akbar's demeanor, Dilip Kumar - everything was impressive about this movie.

No comments: